[casual_games] Crediting the Departed

Andy Megowan amegowan at iwin.com
Fri Sep 28 16:44:25 EDT 2007

Hi, Everyone-

While there is still no accepted standard for crediting individuals for
their work in the games industry, I think that the IGDA has made good
headway towards something that is fair and possibly some day legally
protected (ugh). Until that day, I have some questions for everyone.

Is credit a right, a privilege, or an obligation?

In film, people can request that their names be removed from a product
for any number of reasons, and I bet others can explain them better than
I can. If someone wishes to be disassociated with a product, would that
be considered as concealing information about one's past?

On the other side of the coin, if you remove someone from a product that
ships a few months later, is there a professional obligation to
acknowledge and credit that person's involvement?

Thanks for your thoughts,

--Andy

Andy Megowan

Creative Director, iWin Division 90