[casual_games] Full Screen or Windowed Mode?

Andrew Lum andrew at fugazo.com
Fri Jan 11 17:26:37 EST 2008

Hi Everyone,

Fugazo is working on a new game and we are considering making the entire
game in 640x480 resolution to save on space. We've decided that the art
style looks fine in Full Screen 640x480 but we're not sure how many
users play casual games in Window Mode. At 1024x768 a 640x480 windowed
game isn't too bad but we're concerned about users who have a 1280x800,
or 1280x1024, or higher.

Does anyone have any sort of data on what percentage of casual gamers
play games in Windowed Mode? Additionally, does anyone have any data on
what percentage of customers have monitors set to higher than 1024x768?

Thanks!

Andrew Lum

--
Andrew Lum