[casual_games] Encrypting text files

James Terry JTerry at yatecgames.com
Tue Jan 15 09:41:26 EST 2008

For LUA, you can precompile the .lua files into byte-code with luac,
this will give you some immediate benefits in faster loading and syntax
error detection, in addition to preventing users from changing the
source. For your xml, you could look into using blowfish or rjindael or
another encryption library to unencrypt the xml before parsing. I am not
sure if there are any better ways to handle the XML, but for the LUA
files, you definitely want to be using luac.

James R. Terry
Game Developer
Yatec Games
(225) 274-1550 Ext. 104