[casual_games] GDC or Casual connect

Micha van der Meer | Whitebear micha at whitebear.nl
Fri Jan 25 03:28:40 EST 2008

Hi Felix,

It’s very simple. Depending on the kind of casual games you’re speaking.

Casual games (CC Amsterdam)

All casual games you will find on the Popcap, Zylom portals. Most of the games are on royalty base and most of the games published on PC via DRM or monthly payments.

Development budget < €300k

After a success the game will be boxed for retail.

The ambience is very casual and not a big problem to speak to a CEO.

CGD08

A casual game is a casual game in the eyes of the big 10 publishers (Atari, Ubi, EA, Nintendo etc..)

Most of games are cross platform (PC and Console) and publishers are well willing to pay upfront money.

Budget for game idea > €200k and < €800k

Most of the games will be boxed releases.

The ambience is business; organizations are big and are working with a layer system to the CEOs.

Succes !

Micha van der Meer

미사 호수 에서

Managing director