[casual_games] browser based game engines

Miguel Portilla miguelportilla at pobros.com
Fri Jun 20 10:42:56 EDT 2008

Unity seems to be a great engine, especially considering everything you
get for the price. The problem we had with it when we were evaluating it
was that it's really geared towards 3D games and not 2D. The latest
version added some support that helps with 2D games, but it can use
more. We've encouraged the Unity developers to improve that, even given
them a 2D feature wish list. Sure its possible to hack out a 2D game
with Unity, but it's not a clean comfortable development path. I
sincerely hope future versions will improve the 2D capabilities,
especially since 99.9% of casual games are 2D.

-Miguel