[casual_games] Game-Sales-Charts.com is now CasualCharts.com

STEVE FERNANDEZ sfernandez at mumbojumbo.com
Thu May 1 09:02:38 EDT 2008

We are not likely to see that kind of information shared for competitive reasons. But, that's not to say IGDA or CGA couldn't aggregate numbers from some top portals and add that to the next State of the Industry Report.

It would also be advantageous to the developer community if one of those organizations would also give insight into traffic numbers via comScore or Nielsen.

You've got a great question: Is the industry really growing or are the numbers just getting pushed around.

Here's another one: Is online purchasing beginning to cannibalize into retail sales potential?

It would be very interesting to see if there are any correlations between any trends in online traffic or sales compared with retail sales.

Are either of you organizations up to helping us developers figure some of this out?

-sf