[casual_games] Tips for a (very) small starting company

Rob C rcarroll23 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 9 17:55:21 EST 2008

Hey folks,

Sorry this is a bit
late in going out, I spoke with a couple of people off-line and there is some interest
in alterative distribution options. While there are not a lot of options for
getting funding for development other than the traditional publisher funding
model or the VC road for the lucky few, there are ways for getting a completed
game distributed.

There is a new option
for developers that have finished their game and are looking for distribution. The
game distribution portal Greenhouse (http://www.playgreenhouse.com/)
is interested in looking at new independent games. I’ve worked with the guys who
are running the site and they are very interested in promoting and building the
independent game development community. These guys are associated with the web
comic penny-arcade, so they have a very good idea of what makes a good game. They
are not in the business of funding game development but they do a great
job of selling and promoting new games.

If you have a completed game that you would like to show
them, contact Jeff Kalles with greenhouse at Jkalles at penny-arcade.com

Hopefully they will be able to get some of these great independent
game out there.

Good luck,

Rob

Rob