[casual_games] Sample voice over script

Jeff Murray jmurray at fuelindustries.com
Wed Oct 8 12:08:21 EDT 2008

This is great, Aaron. Thanks for sharing this.

I agree and think that it¹s very important to have clear directions for the
VO artists to get to grips with... Even if they end up doing a couple of
alternative takes to try other directions, it¹s important that they
understand what is going on in the scene. I can¹t count the number of times
I¹ve seen VO scripts that are just random sentences on a sheet with no
direction at all ... It usually leads to lots of audio getting cut at the
last minute because it doesn¹t fit with the tone of the scene or with other
characters dialog.

Your script is a great example of how to do VO properly and I urge everyone
to take note. Relying on the sound engineer to make the right creative
decisions on the VO is a bad idea ­ they¹re more than capable, but they
won¹t always have the same level of vision that the game designers or
creative's had when the cut scenes were conceived.

Jeff (no relation) Murray.