[casual_games] Sample voice over script

Antonio Santamaria asantamaria at artech.ca
Wed Oct 8 11:48:25 EDT 2008

We've found that voice actors often prefer to work with scripts in the
traditional "movie" format as well. Something like this:

http://www.simplyscripts.com/WR_format.html

We've found that it is best to separate actors' scripts from one
another, then format it accordingly. That way, they have some kind of
flow to their work and can get some kind of emotion beyond just reading
one line after another. The only times we've strayed is when having
them read out lists of words that didn't have much context.

On a related note, when having them read things like categories or
answers, we often found it helpful to have them read the whole line (ie.
"The answer is dog") rather than just the word ("dog"). Otherwise,
stitching comes across as unnatural, especially when VO sessions take
place over several days.

There is some software out there (Final Draft, etc) that can help
enforce the formatting for larger scripts.

Antonio