[casual_games] Sample voice over script

Kirby, Neil A (Neil) nak at alcatel-lucent.com
Wed Oct 15 18:33:13 EDT 2008

If there won't be a database backend, will this tool integrate somehow
into the asset control tool chain? Getting voice talent onto disk is
the first step. The crowd goes wild with applause at the news that
there will be a tool to make climbing this mountain easier. Climbing
that mountain will reveal a big mountain that it was hiding: How do you
manage voice file assets now that you have them?

The simple rule is:
Manually == poorly

Thankfully the graphic art side of the house is already beating their
head against the same wall (or has a solution). The assets need backup,
they and their script need version control, and you need to be able to
go from asset file to script or script to asset when you have a certain
version of one in front of you and you need the matching correct version
of the other.

Allow me to suggest that the world gets ugly when the voice file
utterance is different than how the script reads. "Now can you tell me
how you know that all of the rest of the files don't have any errors?"
is not what you want to hear from your management. Especially when
there are bunch of files and they are in a foreign language.

---
Neil Kirby +1.614.367.5524 Hope is not a strategy
Bell Laboratories nak at alcatel-lucent.com Prayer is not a process
6200 E. Broad St. Tuning is not a plan
Columbus, OH 43213 USA Chaos does not scale