[casual_games] Advice to a developer about distribution

Lennard Feddersen Lennard at RustyAxe.com
Wed Apr 22 20:48:35 EDT 2009

I have personally turned down deals where a middleman represents you to
all of the portals. They take a huge chunk of the pie for doing some
emailing and leveraging a rolodex and the portals are already going to
give you a pretty small % - if those guys are interested it's probably
because you have made something worth their time, might as well take the
time to send the portals your emails directly.

My take is that, long term, it's important to be building your own
website traffic with your content. Do deals directly with portals if it
makes sense for you - they are pretty approachable in my experience and
they do get a lot of traffic. Ultimately you are going to be asked to
nudge the game this way or that - you might as well be working directly
with the portals because that is going to take more energy than the
initial contact did anyhow and then you don't have a middleman in the way.

BTW, would be happy if you sent me a link when the game is actually up
on your website.

Good luck!

Lennard Feddersen
CEO, Rusty Axe Games, Inc.
www.RustyAxe.com

Lennard at RustyAxe.com
P. 250-635-7623 F. 1-309-422-2466
P. July & August 518-863-2317
5014 Walsh, Terrace, BC, Canada, V8G-4H2