[casual_games] Voxels in future casual games with destruction and other (high-end) dynamics and details - how to start?

Branislav Siles siles at atomontage.com
Thu Dec 17 20:21:55 EST 2009

Hello,

I have finally finished v1.0 of my voxel engine (hopefully the first one of this quality in the world) and currently I would like to develop a casual game - a lemmings-, worms-, bomberman-like one, or one with artillery, tanks, etc., preferably in 3D or 2D-looking 3D. It should be a game rich in destruction, possibly essential for gameplay, and enhancing replayability. I believe that I should promote my approach in technology by creating one or more original titles like these.

So I would like to ask you...

1) How and whom (developers, publishers) should I ask to cooperate in making, producing and distributing this kind of (casual) game? Any preferred developers or publishers?

2) Do you know firms that are interested in novel approaches/functionality in casual games?

3) Would you, if you were me, first ask developers or publishers?

4) I have know-how, some staff, stuff, examples on the web, I can demonstrate how well it works on a mainstream PC... but I have no budget for developing a game. How to get one effectively? Maybe asking hundreds of firms one by one via e-mail.. but I don't want to spam everybody that way if there are better ways to succeed in this.

I am grateful for any suggestions!

Thank you.

Brano/Atomontage
www.atomontage.com