[casual_games] Don't forget to vote for the IGDA board

Brian Robbins brian-l at dubane.com
Fri Feb 13 12:27:43 EST 2009

The IGDA Board of Directors elections are going on now and end in just over
a week. Please take a few minutes today to vote for who you think will be
best to lead the organization in the coming years:
https://www.igda.org/rsc/election_ballot.php

This year, more than any other is going to be extremely important for the
IGDA. We are in the midst of a recession that has unknown effects on the
industry as a whole, our Executive Director has announced that he is
stepping down and we are close to finalizing our formalization of chapters
so we can better support the IGDA community at large.

I believe that my background and experiences makes me the ideal person to
serve the board.
* I have been an extremely active volunteer for the IGDA since 2001, having
assisted with 3 chapters, run 2 SIGs (including co-founding the Casual Games
SIG), written numerous white papers and even helped as a student mentor at
GDC. As a result of this effort I was chosen to receive the IGDA MVP award a
couple years back.
* I come to the industry with an indie focus and background. Most recently I
have established a Denver studio which focuses on iPhone development, but
I've spent almost 10 years in the web and casual games industry, and have
actively contributed to over 100 titles.
* I strongly believe in the power of community and feel that I have a strong
understanding of what it takes for an organization like the IGDA to be
successful.

Hopefully you agree and will vote for me in the board of directors election,
but even if you don't, I hope that you still vote and choose the
candidate(s) that you feel will best serve the organization.

https://www.igda.org/rsc/election_ballot.php

Thank you for your time!

--
Brian Robbins
Studio Head, Fuel Games Denver & IGDA Board of Directors Candidate