[casual_games] Question about iphone game development

Jeff Murray jmurray at fuelindustries.com
Fri Jun 19 08:40:11 EDT 2009

Hey

Just to give my two cents, we at Fuel Industries have been using Unity iPhone for a while now and it's worked out really well for us. Since you can script in either c# or a javascript variant, the learning curve is really low. We had a programmer go (with Unity iPhone) from 0 to game ready in just a few weeks.

We've got a dedicated (and, of course, uber:talented!) team of iPhone experts at our Denver office, but we have had Flash guys try to migrate in their spare time to Objective-C with varying degrees of success. One of those languages where some just seem to snap into it and some really struggle. It's an odd language at first and can be difficult for those with little prior programming knowledge.

Jeff.