[casual_games] Question about iphone game development

Steve Mokris mokris at ohio.edu
Wed Jun 24 14:24:39 EDT 2009

> Whatever encryption they do to the executable inside the .app as

> part of their DRM drastically changes its ability to be compressed

> by zip.

This is to be expected --- raw binary executables are generally very
redundant, and thus compress well. Encryption seeks to dramatically
increase data entropy. Since data compressibility is inversely
proportional to data entropy, binary encrypted data doesn't compress
as well.

If only Apple's IPA bundles could compress executables *then* encrypt
them, we wouldn't have quite as much of a problem. :^>

Steve