[casual_games] IGDA Quality of Life survey is up - please fill this out

Brian Robbins brian-l at dubane.com
Tue Sep 1 18:17:18 EDT 2009

The Quality of Life SIG has just launched the latest version of the
Quality of Life survey here:
http://www.igda.org/qol/qol_survey.php

This survey attempts to evaluate in a qualitative way the real working
conditions in the game industry. The first survey was done several
years ago and found that working conditions were very bad for many
developers. I'm personally hoping that that's changed in the
intervening years, and generally I believe life for those of us in the
Casual Games space is better than the core game space.

In any case, it's impossible to know without having a statistically
significant number of developers fill out the survey, and I strongly
encourage you to do so. You should also forward this on to your
co-workers, colleagues and other contacts. Let's see where things are
at now, so we know what still needs to be addressed, and what areas
are doing well.

This is also planned to be a yearly survey, so that we can, over time,
begin to have a clear picture of what is progressing and what areas
are getting worse over time.

Several people have asked me in the last few weeks, what it is that
the IGDA really does, and what kind of value it brings. Particularly
in light of the recent controversy and Special Meeting. This survey
and the related initiatives are exactly the sorts of things that the
IGDA can and wants to be doing. These types of projects are what will
be effective at driving change and improving the lives of developers.
So help out the org and help us spread the word.
http://www.igda.org/qol/qol_survey.php

Thanks!

--
Brian Robbins