[casual_games] A personal note on the IGDA Board of Director elections...

Sheri Rubin sheri at designdirectdeliver.com
Fri Feb 19 18:48:35 EST 2010

*Note: *This email comes to you from me, Sheri Rubin, as a general IGDA
member. This is not an endorsement for anyone as a SIG chair or chapter
coordinator or any of that. It's me, the member, who is taking an active
interest in this year's elections.

Hi everyone,

This is your best opportunity to help select the leadership that runs
the org and will be working to help all of us improve the IGDA and
industry as a whole.

You can read about the candidates here:
http://www.igda.org/igda-board-directors-2010-candidate-statements

If you're interested in some additional info Scott Macmillan has put
together additional commentary and background on all of the candidates
and posed more questions to them too:
http://www.macguffingames.com/2010/igda-elections-candidate-scrutiny/

Finally, you should vote here: http://www.igda.org/2010election/BoDVote

Personally there are a few people I'd like to draw your attention to
specifically, if you haven't voted yet, who have never been on the board
before that could be crucial to the success of community efforts of
SIGs, like this one.

I believe David Edery, Michelle Hinn, Jane Pinckard, and Ian Schrieber
will all be great supporters of SIGs if elected to the board.

Additionally:
Wendy Despain. She's on quite a few SIGs, is in charge of the writing
SIG, and knows what SIGs need. Do it! Please!

Darius Kazemi (www.dariusforigda.org). This dude has been campaigning
for a year now and I think and it's well deserved. Please vote for
Darius! (There's even a Darius for IGDA facebook group for those on
facebook.) While he's primarily been a chapter guy I have talked with
him on many occasions and I know he'll work to support SIGs too.

Seriously - this vote is important, beyond important. I would definitely
recommend that out of any year you've been a member THIS is the year to
make sure you get your votes in!

I have >NEVER< campaigned publicly before on any of these elections and
I hope you take that as a sign of just how important I feel these
elections are to the organization as a whole.

I'm happy to talk to anyone off-list about any of the statements I've
made or anything else related to the IGDA in general.

With much respect,
Sheri Rubin
IGDA Profile: http://www.igda.org/user/31196

--