[casual_games] INPUT REQUESTED: 2010 IGDA Casual Game SIG Programs

Juan Gril juangril at jojugames.com
Thu Jan 21 15:22:01 EST 2010

No, you are mistaken, you should be playing more social games. Yoville
requires a backend server, has persistence. Same with Farm Town.

You seem interested to classify the games by its genres. Which is fine. In a
White Paper however, it is my opinion to classify games by its production
requirements. Different types of interactions are issues in game design. You
seem to not agree on the fact that a single player game with social elements
is not a social game. However, 10 million players playing Bejeweled Blitz
every month don't seem to agree with you. It's the social elements in
Bejeweled Blitz which make it a a great game.