[casual_games] First SIG podcast

Dave Rohrl universedave at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 01:27:31 EDT 2010

Hey all,

After a long (and challenging at times) birthing process, I'm pleased to
announce that the first IGDA Casual Games SIG Podcast is available for
download at
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/going-from-casual-to-social/id391530102?i=87020216.
A great panel of folks with significant real-world experience (Monty Kerr
from Hi5, Phil Shenk from Gravity Bear, Kane Minkus from Somatone
interactive) talk about the challenges of moving from casual downloads to
social games.

A large team of volunteers did a great job of putting this together,
including Rob Carroll, Joel Johnson, and Dan Taylor.

I would love to see the SIG continue to put out this kind of quality
content, but we will need a new producer for the podcast to step up and
start planning panels and topics. Are there some hearty community members
out there who would like to step up and support this noble endeavor?

Sincerely yours,
Dave Rohrl
IGDA Casual Games SIG Chair