[casual_games] IGDA Elections

Corvus Elrod corvus.elrod at zakelro.com
Wed Feb 23 18:08:45 EST 2011

Heyo all! Sorry if you're seeing this more than once, I'm cross posting to a
few mailing lists that I follow.

I thought I'd take a quick moment and mention that I'm running for a seat on
the IGDA Board of Directors. I believe whole heartedly in the IGDA and want
to do everything I can to help make it an organization that everyone in the
industry respects and finds value in. I have started a blog at
http://igda.zakelro.com to host conversations about the issues we face, both
within the organization and the industry. I'm also interacting with people
via the #igdavote hashtag on Twitter, the IGDA Boat Facebook group and IGDA
Facebook Disccusion page. I'll be at GDC next week and will be spending
quite a bit of time, between volunteer shifts and IGDA round tables, at the
IGDA booth talking with members and non-members about the issues they
believe to be important. If you've got anything you'd like to talk to me
about, you can keep an eye on my Twitter account, @CorvusE, for when I'm
available. If you'd like to arrange a time to talk in advance, please feel
free to email me and I'll get back to you when I have my final volunteer
schedule in hand.

If you're an IGDA member, regardless of whether you feel I'm the right
candidate, please take the time to learn about the candidates and vote. Your
participation is important.

Thanks and I hope to see (or meet) you next week!

--
Corvus Elrod
http://about.me/CorvusE