[casual_games] Fwd: NEA announces new grant opporunity

Thomas H. Buscaglia thb at gameattorney.com
Fri May 6 16:23:33 EDT 2011

>From: Victoria Hutter <hutterv at arts.gov>

>To: PublicAffairs <PublicAffairs at arts.gov>

>Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 15:31:10 -0400

>Subject: NEA announces new grant opporunity

>acceptlanguage: en-US

>DATE: May 5, 2011

>CONTACTS: For press inquiries,

>Victoria Hutter, <mailto:hutterv at arts.gov>hutterv at arts.gov, 202-682-5692

> For program

> inquiries, Laura Welsh, <mailto:welshl at arts.gov>welshl at arts.gov, 202-682-5738

>NEW GRANT OPPORTUNITIES AT NATIONAL ENDOWMENT FOR THE ARTS

>Arts in Media category open to mobile

>technology, digital games, and other platforms

>Guidelines are available for NEA’s Arts in Media grants on arts.gov

>The Arts in Media category replaces Arts on

>Radio and Television and expands the parameters

>of projects previously funded through that category.

>Here are the highlights of the new guidelines:

>All project types that were previously eligible

>remain eligible. In addition, the expanded category now supports:

> * All available media platforms such as the

> Internet, interactive and mobile technologies,

> digital games, arts content delivered via

> satellite, as well as on radio and television.

> * Dramatic narrative or fictional works.

> * Media projects that can be considered works of art.

>Grants are available to support the development,

>production, and national distribution of

>innovative media projects about the arts and

>media projects that can be considered works of art.

>Projects may include high profile multi-part or

>single television and radio programs

>(documentaries and dramatic narratives); media

>created for theatrical release; performance

>programs; artistic segments for use within an

>existing series; multi-part webisodes;

>installations; and interactive games. Short

>films, five minutes and under, will be

>considered in packages of three or more.

>Grants generally will range from $10,000 to

>$200,000, based on the platform and the

>complexity and scope of the project. The

>application deadline date is September 1, 2011.

¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤
Thomas H. Buscaglia, Esquire
The Game Attorney
23133 Vashon Highway SW
Vashon WA 98070
Tel (206) 463-9200
http://www.gameattorney.com
TOLL FREE 888-848-GLAW
SKYPE - thombusc
¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤

“There’s been this tradition in the [video-game]
industry that everybody gets screwed on their
first deal, I'm doing my best to make sure that
that becomes a historical anecdote instead of the way we do business.”
Tom Buscaglia, The Game Attorney - Lawyers Weekly, December 3, 2007.

Confidential: This email, including any
attachments, contains communications protected by
the attorney-client privilege and the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC §§ 2510, et
seq. If you do not expect such a communication
from Thomas H. Buscaglia, please delete this
message without reading it or any attachment, and
then notify Mr. Buscaglia at thb at gameattorney.com
of this inadvertent misdelivery.