[casual_games] Question of the week

john at mofactor.com john at mofactor.com
Thu Sep 15 15:40:05 EDT 2011

>> OK, casual game creators, what percentage of the games you play

>> *strictly* for pleasure are casual/social games?

This is Year over Year and constitutes 10% of my gaming when normalized
against two years of WoW, (but increasing since I no longer raid):

The two games that approach casual that I played for pleasure (but have
noteable hardcore elements):

Oasis (now Defense of the oasis on the ipad)
Bookworm Adventures (Thanks John Vechey for the complimentary copy while I
was trying to boot strap my own thing and couldn't spare the diaper money)

The two social games that I played for pleasure:

Bushwhacker by DJArts
Nanostars: Siege by Digital Chocolate

I acknowledge my tastes run to the contrary of the mass market.