[casual_games] TOW: Virtual Goods?

Robert Madsen madsen.robert at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 18:59:03 EDT 2012

I don't recall ever making an in store purchase. It's not that I am against
the idea, I'm just (1) too busy to get that invested in most games and (2)
cheap.
Robert

From: Sheri Rubin <sheri at designdirectdeliver.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 13:48:52 -0500
To: <casual_games at igda.org>
Subject: [casual_games] TOW: Virtual Goods?

Hi All,

It's time for another Topic of the Week discussion. This time on Virtual
Goods.

Have you ever succumbed to the lure of virtual goods? Have you purchased an
item to help you level up in a game faster? Have you bought clothes or
decorations or other non-competitive items just to personalize your PC or
your game world? Do you have a limit you personally set for how much you're
willing to spend on a virtual item in a game? What motivated you to make
that purchase instead of playing the game "as-is"? If you've had
opportunities to buy virtual goods, but haven't - what has made you resist
purchasing them?

As always, if you have any topic suggestions please feel free to send them
to me at sheri at designdirectdeliver.com.

Stay awesome!
Sheri

--