[casual_games] Study about Manipulating Challenge in Video Games

Brian Grey redgrey85 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 12:58:46 EST 2013

My name is Brian Grey and I am writing to invite you to take part in a
research study about manipulating challenge in video games. This study is
intended for persons 18 years of age or older and may take 30 minutes to
complete. Participation involves playing four stages of a video game
through your web browser. In between stages, we will ask you to make
judgments about the challenge and enjoyment of the previous stage. We will
also ask you a few demographic questions after completing gameplay. If you
are at least 18 years of age and would like to take part in this study,
please follow the link at the bottom of the page.

If you have questions about this study, please contact Brian Grey at (484)
854-0085 or brian.r.grey at gmail.com or Peter Hastings at
peterh at cdm.depaul.edu. If you have questions about your rights as a
research subject, you may contact Susan Loess-Perez, DePaul University’s
Director of Research Protections at 312-362-7593 or by email at
sloesspe at depaul.edu.

Mac Users: Please note that, due to technical implementation issues, we
request that you use the Safari browser to participate in this experiment.

All Users: Please note that this experiment will be conducted in a pop-up
window. You will need to disable pop-up blocking or insert an exception
into the pop-up blocker in order to begin the experiment. Thank you for
your understanding.

Please Click Here to Begin the
Experiment<http://systematicsolutns.com/b/exp/springboard.html>