[game_edu] RE: watered down CS programs

Brenda Brathwaite bbrathwaite at cyberlore.com
Thu Mar 31 13:13:38 EST 2005

"For example, one school I was advising was preparing to offer
a degree in 'Game Design'.   I looked at the curriculum, and there was
absolutely nothing in the whole curriculum about game design..."

Brilliantly said, Mark. I've yet to see a program (and admittedly, I
haven't been hunting them down either) that I'd actually call a "game
design" program. Most curriculum are focused on programming and art, but
call it design. Of course, technical and artistic knowledge can help a
designer, but to turn a kid out thinking he's armed with everything he
needs to make a game from beginning to end is doing a great disservice
to that kid.

Brenda Brathwaite