[game_edu] The Global Game Jam

S.Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 17:33:01 EST 2008

I just wanted to let everyone know that the Global Game Jam website is up
http://globalgamejam.org and we are adding host sites daily (at some point
soon I will have to stop, but the demand is huge). You can see we have
numerous prestigious studios and institutions from all over the world ready
to host this great project in creativity and innovation. Please encourage
your students, friends and peers to sign-up. We expect over 1500 people
(pros and and novices in games) to be designing & developing video games in
this world wide events. It is 48 hours in a unique idea space the weekend
of January 30th through February 1st, 2009. Constraints and mechanics are
being developed by some of the greatest minds in the industry. Afterwards
the GGJ concludes we will host the games on our site so that everyone can
play them. We will also have an entire afternoon devoted to the project at
GDC this year.

Please contact me if you have any questions,

Susan

--
In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom!
- J. G. Ballard