[game_edu] CfP: Game Education Summit North America 2011
Jose P. Zagal
jzagal at cdm.depaul.edu
Fri Nov 19 22:13:02 EST 2010
Redmond Washington, June 22-23, 2011
Game Education Summit North America
DigiPen Institute of Technology
Call for papers
The Game Education Summit North America (GES NA) hosted by DigiPen
Institute of Technology is seeking paper proposals from the academic and
game developer communities for GES. Through this annual event we aim to
disseminate the most recent, groundbreaking work on curriculum
development, teaching methodologies and design. The conference will also
have a strong focus on games as education as well as game research. The
2011 GES NA mission is to bring academia and the industries that create
video games together to share research and foster relationships that
will benefit both groups.
Submissions will be accepted until February 25, 2011, however it is our
intention to post accepted speakers and topics in January 2011.
Types of submission:
Panels or Presentations
Submissions are solicited of long papers, panels or presentations that
address the following or related topics:
• Education (curriculum, accreditation, methods, integration, design and
• Course Development (Game Design, writing for games, games as art,
sound design for games, ethics and game development)
• Administration (management, collaboration, grants, funding, starting a
• Research (Serious games, literacy games, games in health, military and
• Industry (Partnership, student involvement, internships,
entrepreneurship, games to market)
• You must have an account on the Game Education Summit website to submit.
• If you already have an account, log in - then select the "My Account"
button in the horizontal menu at the top of this page. Then, on your
account page, select the Edit tab to add information.
• If you have not yet created an account with gameeducationsummit.com -
you first need to create an account
• When you create your account, you will immediately be emailed a
password and instructions with a link to login and set up your account
and create your password.
• Once you have logged in with your account - you will see "Call For
Papers Submission" link at the top of the page. You must be logged in to
have access to this page for paper submissions.
• Fill out and submit the information. To begin the process, please
submit a short abstract giving an overview of the topic that will be
presented and what attendees will learn from the presentation.
See more detailed instruction for paper submissions here
25 February 2011 Deadline for submission in all categories
31 May 2011 Deadline for submitting the final and completed Long Papers
The submission form can be found at www.gameeducationsummit.com
All submissions will be reviewed by members of the Games Education
Summit Advisory Board.
All accepted speakers and panel participants will be granted gratis
admission to the conference and accepted papers will be posted on the
Game Education Network after the conference.
If you have any questions please contact Judy Racino at
judy at gamepathevents.com
For past conference information, please visit www.gameeducationsummit.com
More information about the game_edu