[games_access] reminder: hardware for GDC

Reid Kimball rkimball at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 13:46:07 EST 2005

Seems like we need to come up with a plan of who is presenting what
and when during the day long tutorial session. Here's what we have so
far, but it seems incomplete:
http://www.igda.org/wiki/index.php/GDC_2006_Tutorial

I'll start with what I plan to do.

1 projector connected to a laptop or computer that has a cd-rom or USB
2.0 connection. I'll present videos of games and show images while I
talk about the state of closed captioning in games, past, present and
future. This will be a standard lecture style presentation.

For the interactive section (if there is one) I'd like a machine that
has one FPS game with captioning on and one with the same game but
without captioning. People should play the game without captioning
first and then play it with captioning. I'm not sure which FPS game to
use yet, there aren't too many choices I have for games that have full
closed captioning.

-Reid