[games_access] GA SIG Meeting Tomorrow -- Vegas Conference Whitepaper

michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Sun Feb 6 16:23:42 EST 2005

Hi everyone -- This is an email primarily for those who are authors of the
SIG's paper for HCI International in Las Vegas in July. All are welcome to
the meeting tomorrow but the main focus for the next month will be the
completion of this paper. We'll return to regular SIG meetings on March 14
(post Game Developer's Conference).

So this is just a quick reminder about the meeting tomorrow at 12noon
(EST)/9am (PST) -- it's the same time that we normally meet. We'll go over
the paper as it stands right now and talk about the plan to finish it up by
the March 1 deadline.

One other item of business will be to talk about a possible book to be put
out by the SIG! Yes, I pleased to announce that I've been contacted by
Charles River Media Publishers about the SIG putting out a games
accessibility book.  I'm sitting down with their gaming editor at GDC in
early March -- so be thinking about some ideas that I can bring to her on
behalf of the SIG at GDC. My initial idea is to create an edited book by the
SIG so that those who are interested can each have their own chapter (and,
thus, book chapter publication) and it also opens up the book for those who
may be doing research but are not (YET!) involved with the SIG.

IMPORTANT (how to get to the meeting): If you aren't already on MSN
Messenger, please sign up for an account as soon as possible. Then add me,
vrgrrl at hotmail.com (that's right, vrgrrl), to your contacts list.
I'll make sure that you are added to the conference room when I see you
online right before the meeting. Email me at hinn at uiuc.edu if you have any
problems.

See you tomorrow! Some REALLY exciting stuff in the works!

Michelle
IGDA Game Accessibility Committee Chair