[games_access] workplace diversity question

michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Sat Jul 2 17:56:58 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

The IGDA is about to conduct a workplace diversity survey and disabilities
will be a part of that survey. I've run the following question by some
colleagues of mine and none of them have any issues with the way the
question is posed. Would you all take a moment and look over the wording of
this question (and the answer choices!) and let me know if you have any
re-wording suggestions and/or additional concerns? Please do this by July 5
so that we can make sure that we get our input back to the IGDA as soon as
possible. Thanks!

Here's the question:

"Have you been medically diagnosed with and/or consider yourself as a person
with a disability in ANY of the following ways? (you can select more than
one)"

[] Deaf or hard of hearing
[] Blind or partially sighted
[] Mobility impaired (eg, paraplegia, quadriplegia, cerebral palsy, ALS,
etc)
[] Mental illness (eg, depression, schizophrenia, etc)
[] Cognitive disorder (eg, dyslexia, ADD/HD, learning disability, autism,
etc)
[] Yes, but decline to specify
[] Other
[] No