[games_access] Reminder: GA SIG meeting Monday, June 20 at 12noon (est) / 9am (pst)

hinn at uiuc.edu hinn at uiuc.edu
Sun Jun 19 23:55:23 EDT 2005

Hi all, just a reminder that the next SIG meeting will be on
Monday, June 20 on MSN messenger at noon (EST). Email me at
accessibility at igda.org with any questions about logging on
for the meeting.

We'll continue the talk about the survey we're going to
administer in August that will help us get a start at
figuring out some better gaming accessibility demographics.
This will be the largest survey undertaken so far on the
topic so this should be a real help!

I'd also like to talk for a few minutes during the meeting
about forming some working groups. We have a lot of projects
going on and it might be more efficient if we kept the
general meeting as a place for everyone to check in with the
whole sig while smaller "working groups" met at other times.
That way the different projects get time to hash out
details...which we always run out of during the monday
meeting.

Other news:

* Kevin Bierre is writing up an article for Gamasutra on
Game Accessibility and will give a plug for the SIG there.
Hopefully that will help us get more industry people
involved!

* Everything's all set for the HCII conference in Las Vegas.
To my knowledge, only Kevin is going -- correct?

* We have the book proposal back in our hands to edit and
give back to the publisher -- we got some great positive
feedback from the publisher (yay!)

Hope to see most of you tomorrow!

Michelle
Chair, Game Accessibility SIG