[games_access] Closed captioning mod for Doom3 is finished

Reid Kimball rkimball at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 22:31:01 EDT 2005

Hey all,

My team, Games[CC] finished our work on Doom3[CC] which adds closed
captions to Doom3. Here are the notable features that make our Dynamic
Closed Captioning system the most comprehensive yet in any game.

- Options to caption only sound effects, only dialog, or both at the same time
- Color coded closed captions for characters and environmental sounds
- Support for multiple languages (English, Spanish, French, German and
Brazilian Portuguese)
- Easily modify text files to add or delete captions, change their
frequency of captioning, add additional language support and modify
color assignments
- A visual sound based radar on the HUD that simulates the basic
information of a sounds direction and distance of origin rather than
its exact location

The mod can be downloaded from: http://game.rbkdesign.com/doom3cc/

This version only works with Doom3 v1.3.

-REid