[games_access] GDC Video's

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 4 16:49:37 EDT 2006

Well, using safari, firefox, and IE, I got the
following variation on this error when clicking
on the links:

Safari can't open
"mms://www.accessibility.nl/games/video/michellehinn.wmv?SAMI=http://www.accessibility.nl/games/video/michellehinn.smi"
because Mac OS X doesn't recognize Internet
addresses starting with "mms:".

So once I retyped with just
www.accessibility.nl/games/video/michellehinn.wmv
-- it then let me download the video from each
browser. it was then I discovered...I didn't have
MediaPlayer installed on my machine at all!!!
GASP!!! So Quicktime, Real, and ITunes would not
handle it...forcing me to...go to the Microsoft
page and download the MediaPlayer (oh the
horror!).

Which for some reason wanted me to install it
using EXCEL!!! $(#*$(@#*$(* -- so I instead
downloaded:

Windows Media® Components for QuickTime, by
Flip4Mac, you can play Windows Media files (.wma
and .wmv) directly in QuickTime Player and view
Windows Media content on the Internet using a Web
browser.

Which didn't allow me to use closed captioning at all...

so i'm still trying to figure out why i can't
open the bin file for windows media player at
all...but the videos look great! once i get
windows media player to open then i'll let you
know about the captioning!

michelle