[games_access] Request for ideas

lynnvm at carolina.rr.com lynnvm at carolina.rr.com
Thu Aug 31 21:19:31 EDT 2006

Hi all,

This semester I'm taking a class about AI programming for games.  We are
using the beta version of Microsoft XNA for the Xbox 360.  Although I will
be learning how to program for the controller, I'd like to keep
accessibility in mind when I'm working on some of my assignments.   There
are about 10 students in the class I'm taking, and I'd like to share ideas
about game accessibility with my classmates.  The class is taught in a
computer science department and is made up mostly of graduate students.
I'm open to any suggestions you might have.

I'm a school psychologist, so I'm familiar with the needs of young people
with a variety of disabilities.  I'd like to adapt some of my assignments so
my work will be accessible to my students.  Some of the students I work with
have significant physical impairments.

Thanks!

Lynn Marentette

 <http://techpsych.blogspot.com/> TechPsych