[games_access] Danish article on One Switch accessible gaming

AudioGames.net richard at audiogames.net
Fri Feb 3 05:45:19 EST 2006

Hi,

Sander and I have (of course) been thinking about adding multiple layers of accessibility to Sudo-San. We only focused on the visual impairment for now because that is our main interest group at AudioGames.net and there weren't any accessible sudoku games yet (other than Excell spreadsheets). But we have left room for adding further accessibility options such as subs/captioning (is actually already present but not on screen yet ;). When you look at the bottom of the game, you'll see "click here for more information". When clicked, it will bring up a screen with some text. This sliding screen is excellent for providing the caps + subs when pulled up and maybe other accessibility options. We're thinking about adding two side bars for people who use a mouth stick, with big buttons to enter numbers/candidates and the cells can be clicked themselves to get the focus.

Talk to you at 18:00 (my time)

Greets,

Richard