[games_access] igda GDC conference scholarship winners. Including Robert Florio.

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Sat Feb 25 12:42:36 EST 2006

Hey Robert -- congrats again! I got Rudy's email this morning and
I'll write more later. I'll give you my plan of which sessions I'm
planning to be at during GDC, etc. BTW, I asked the IGDA executive
director, Jason Della Rocca, if there might be accessible seating
during the awards ceremony on Wednesday night and GDC agreed to set
aside a table for those with wheelchairs. There's also going to be an
accessible entrance:

Enter from the front entrance, east side (towards Montgomery
Theater/Market St) has a ramp and push pad at the doors for automatic
door opening.

Yes, this is the first time that the sig has had a student involved
who has received a student scholarship! And, you're right, it just
might be the first time the IGDA has awarded a scholarship to a
student with a disability. And know this -- this was not influenced
by either me or the IGDA executive director. This scholarship was
awarded ENTIRELY on your own merits by the judging committee. So know
that you got the scholarship because of your excellent application! :)

Best of luck raising some more money!! Let us know if there are any
ways that we can help out!

Michelle
Chair, IGDA Game Accessibility SIG