[games_access] T-shirt

Thomas Westin thomas at pininteractive.com
Tue Jan 10 20:33:17 EST 2006

Oh, when I sent the logo I hadn't downloaded the rest of the comments.

OK, my feedback regarding a logo: I think it is important that the logo
communicates accessibility for all, not "only" for disabled.

What I'm trying to say is that we should avoid to make accessibility
featured games into a stigma by having a logo that looks like a wheelchair,
cane or whatever. Although those symbols might be good in the short run I
think in the long run, we should have a less "disability" oriented logo, and
focus on enabling gamers of all kinds to have a great game experience. I
(we?) want the game industry to understand that game accessibility is for
everyone.

That's why I like the title "Game Not Over" so much; it says enough about
what accessibility can do for gamers and the industry, while not being too
specific about how "accessibility" is defined. I think combined with the
subtext where "Game Accessibility SIG" is mentioned it can't be very
misinterpreted.

My hopes was that the designed text of "Game Not Over" could work as a logo,
with some further refinement before it's final I think (this was just a
draft).

/Thomas

9 years of development and education with Director 2D/3D
Award at the Independent Games Festival: www.terraformers.nu
http://www.pininteractive.com