[games_access] The Right Thing vs. TheProfitable Thing / GDC T-Shirt

AudioGames.net richard at audiogames.net
Mon Jan 16 17:32:13 EST 2006

Hi,

I don't have the time now to fully reply. In short:

- I agree with using BOTH angles...the right thing AND the profitable thing.
- I developed an obscure formula for calculating the potential market of
disabled gamers (the foundation that funds the Game Accessibility Project
asked for numbers so I gave them - will share it with you later, it's not
with me at the moment)
- I don't mind being offensive or confrontational. I still hope the The Game
Accessibility Convention I plan to setup will actually confront developers
and gamers with each other in one physical space. I *do* want to be careful:
never give people the idea that we are a bunch of "accessibility
evangelists" - that the idea of 'global game accessibility' is more
important than the goals of the game industry. Don't give designers the idea
that they're doing something wrongg. I think that this will only turn into
aversion.

Being pissed off is fine, Michelle :) Have a drink!*

Richard

*1/2 cranberry juice, 1/4 lime juice, 1/4 wodka - not more than a liter or
you'll be really pissed though!