[games_access] Develop Brighton -- Accessibility Arcade

Jonathan Chetwynd j.chetwynd at btinternet.com
Fri Jun 2 07:47:38 EDT 2006

Michelle,

If possible a recent mac laptop, similarly pc, I can supply one or
other.

presumably the sound speakers are suitable for the auditorium? this
has been a problem in the past...

Jonathan Chetwynd

On 1 Jun 2006, at 22:14, d. michelle hinn wrote:

Hi all,

So the Develop organizers have a lot of restrictions and we might not
be able to hold the accessibility arcade. Will all speakers please
email me (hinn at uiuc.edu) as soon as they get this email and let me
know what games and what equipment they planned to show/bring in,
including if they need a TV monitor (and if you are bringing that
monitor or not). That way we can find out what needs to be completely
revamped sooner than later due to restrictions.

Here are the details from the conference folks:

"We can arrange power in the room that's not a problem. Here's the AV we
provide:

Our standard room setup for each room includes:
-Projection screen
-An 1024X768 SVGA projector
-A wired lavaliere microphone
-A presenter table
-Sound for Personal Computer
-Podium with a Standard Podium Microphone

All the rest is extra costs for us and need to be able justify the large
expense, despite what you might think TVs and stuff are quite expensive.
Also there's rules about bringing your own equipment in.  The best thing
to do is send me what you were planning on having and see how we can
possible manage it or scale down."