[games_access] Recording the GDC - any regulations?

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Sun Mar 12 20:11:35 EST 2006

ok, here's the main info page about recording:

http://www.gdconf.com/media/tapingpolicies.htm

so...there's a deadline of march 13th (!) for permissions (that info
is on the page and the email address of the person you'll need to
contact is on there too) and that only 5 minutes of a session can be
recorded if permission is granted. and no recording of roundtables
whatsoever.

so, sounds like you might not want to go overboard bringing a lot of
recording equipment because it sounds like you won't be permitted to
do so and that they will kick you out of the conference for violating
their regulations. i know that each session is staffed pretty heavily
(for instance at last year's roundtables there were TWO people
assigned to our room just to assist that!) so they are probably VERY
serious about kicking people out.

as far as photos go, i can't find any restrictions for that and i've
never been asked to not take photos for past gdcs...that doesn't mean
it's completely fine but i think that the regulations on that are
less strict. i'll update this when i hear more.

michelle (who will be leaving her video camera at home!!)