[games_access] D-GAMER Update

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Fri May 19 04:53:10 EDT 2006

Nice one Corey!

You may also be interested to get your Smart-NAV 3 head tracker playing keyboard compatible games.

I've played Space Invaders and Uo Poko on MAME using just the head tracker in this way.

You'll need to install the software for "Track-IR 4.1" then install "Track Mapper".

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/06-support/support-download-software-and-manuals.html - Track-IR software
http://kaf.tri6.net/trackmapper/ - Track Mapper software

You then start up the Track-IR software (don't have your original Smart-NAV software running), then Track Mapper. From here you assign what head position corresponds to what key. Thus you can map positions where you turn your head left, to the left cursor, right to the right cursor, and perhaps where you'd tilt your head up, to she SPACE BAR (for fire perhaps).

All the best,

Barrie
www.OneSwitch.org.uk