[games_access] Develop Brighton -- Info needed ASAP!

hinn at uiuc.edu hinn at uiuc.edu
Tue May 30 05:53:38 EDT 2006

wow!!! giannis your emails are now getting through!!!

i agree about sharing the time slot with barrie and i'm
waiting on the final breakdown of time allotments from the
conference people. that will give us an idea of what to put
where in the schedule.

go ahead and plan on an hour since there's the two of you and
you have so much to discuss. we might take some of your talk
and re-route it to a 20-30 minute "state of research in game
accessibility" panel. not sure about that yet.

also the accessibility arcade will replace the roundtables --
instead people will rotate to different arcade "stations" to
make sure they get their hand's on (or off as the case may be)
time with the games.

anyone comfortable with tackling legal issues on game
accessibility in different european countries? i can reference
tom's stuff from gdc (tom b? are you going to develop? if not,
i'll plug your gamasutra article and cite stuff from that for
those interested in the US laws). might be a good 15 minute
question and answer bit if we have the time in the schedule.
anyway, let me know who knows more about the state of laws in
the EU, etc and could answer some questions posed about them.

pssstttt...thomas, goran...are you out there?

michelle