[games_access] Fw: Gamasutra: bridging academics and mainstream gaming

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Fri Nov 17 08:45:25 EST 2006

(sorry about previous e-mail, and again...)

Thanks for the link, Tim:
(http://gamasutra.com/features/20061110/hopson_01.shtml)

I liked this quote regarding pursuading developers to take note of academic
suggestions:

"Feasible for one person to implement. It's much easier to convince one
person than ten. If a suggestion can be taken to heart by one designer who
can then turn around and implement it in just his own area of
responsibility, that's a lot more likely to happen than a change that
requires the entire design team to agree."

We can refer people to "The Pyramid", "Archaist", "Clockwiser", "Demon
Attack" and others from the Retro Remakes 2006 competition. 3 month time
scale to make an entire game and add accessibility features. What's the
main-stream developers real excuse for not bothering to add accessibility
features? Hmm?

Barrie
www.OneSwitch.org.uk