[games_access] GameOn

David Colven colven at ace-centre.org.uk
Fri Oct 20 07:25:57 EDT 2006

 From Lisa who works on the project

  I had hoped that the reviews would include information about features within
games that (accidentally) make them more accessible, such as speed control,
different colour settings, etc. But maybe that is in the planning?

In the text of some of the reviews, where a game does have useful features
like different levels of play, or being able to switch off the timer etc,
we will have mentioned these options as far as possible.

I noticed that most games are already a bit dated. Did I miss the 'new'
games or did you make a selection of more 'budget' games?

Sadly, we've mainly used a selection of games that were donated to the
centre a couple of years ago to do the initial population of the site, and
as the industry moves so quickly, we're definitely behind. We hope, now
that the structure and most of the population of the website is finished,
to start catching up with more current games.

David

At 21:30 19/10/06, you wrote:
>Hi David,
>
>First impressions: looks great! I had thought (after reading
>http://ace-centre.hostinguk.com/index.cfm?pageid=3C7477EE-3048-7290-FEFF8D73FAAB8BF8)
>that the GameOn project would focus on all types of disabilities, so I was
>a bit disappointed that this only concerned (so called) Input Technology
>Accessibility - basically, which games use what kinds of controller. I had
>hoped that the reviews would include information about features within
>games that (accidentally) make them more accessible, such as speed
>control, different colour settings, etc. But maybe that is in the planning?
>So, other than that, the website seems very accessible, is very easy to
>use and provides a very clear overview of what's where.
>
>I noticed that most games are already a bit dated. Did I miss the 'new'
>games or did you make a selection of more 'budget' games?

David Colven, Technical Advisor

The ACE Centre Advisory Trust
92 Windmill Road
Headington