[games_access]One Switch Tetris / first hello

Tim Chase agdev at thechases.com
Sat Oct 21 20:24:00 EDT 2006

> Oh, and future updates will include:
> - Sound! (not specifically accessible for the blind - see below) - just
> some nice sound to enhance gameplay
>
> Since my main expertise is games for the blind and audio games, I still
> want to search for a way to make this very visual game accessible using
> sound only while leaving it in tact as much as possible. Don't know when
> I find time for that, since I hardly have any time to work on this game
> already :)

The recent discussion has made me laugh at the thought of
accessible Tetris, done in an interactive-fiction interpreter.

You are staring at an empty board.  A vaguely Russian melody
plays in 8-bit pseudo-polyphonic synthesis.  A T-shaped piece,
with the stem pointing downwards begins to slowly drop.

 > ROTATE PIECE

The stem of the T-shaped piece is now facing left.

 > ROTATE

The T-shaped piece continues to drop with the stem now facing up.

 > MOVE FAR LEFT

The T-shaped piece is now flush against the left side, with the
stem facing up.

 > DROP PIECE

The T-shaped piece has been dropped.  A S-shaped piece begins to
drop, wide-wise.

 > ROTATE PIECE

The S-shaped piece continues to drop, tall-wise.

 > MOVE FAR LEFT -1

The S-shaped piece continues to fall, but is now one block away
from the left-hand edge.

 > DESCRIBE BOARD

.X
.XX
..X
[15 empty lines]

 > MOVE RIGHT AND DROP

A square begins to drop.

 > ROTATE COUNTER-CLOCKWISE

It's a square, moron.  It still looks the same

 > MOVE FAR RIGHT AND DROP

A long narrow piece begins to drop, tall-wise.

You get the idea...

-tim