[games_access] some hopefully relevant info: opinions wanted!

Mikhail Zislis dosadi at aha.ru
Mon Sep 11 12:21:30 EDT 2006

Hello, GA SIG!

Just wanted to let everyone know that we have released a beta preview
of Personalizer, a game development component that will let games
discover personalized gameplay preferences of the person who plays the
games. Currently we are looking for some feedback from the people who
can relate to the problem [of preferences], so I figured that GA SIG
must be among the places to look.

In developing Personalizer, we state that games should not only let
the players remap bindings and set options, but should also memorize the
choices made and tell other games about these choices. In context of
a disabled person, Personalizer-aware games would know without telling that
certain accessibility cues must be enabled for the person to play
comfortably.

More information is available at
http://personalizer.softwarespecies.com (or you can enter through
http://DefaultsSuck.Com if you happen to like Macromedia Flash a bit :)).

We are looking for any critique and opinions.

And thanks everyone for keeping GA SIG an interesting reading!

Breathe deep,
             Mikhail

[MSN: Icon__ at hotmail.com]