[games_access] Capcom says, no to text size increase

Reid Kimball rkimball at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 13:11:45 EDT 2006

I'm really disappointed Capcom would say this but they have decided
not to release a patch to increase the text size for Dead Rising.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3153521

"Dead Rising was optimized for HD and we offered some suggestions for
SD TV owners," said a company representative.

"Due to the amount of text and the size of the patch necessary to
change the text, a patch isn't possible for this issue," said the
company. "We had asked the team if it was even possible but ... due to
the scope of what a patch would need to cover, it wasn't possible."

I guarantee we'll see more occurrences like this which illustrate the
need for allowing users to change text size or even fonts.

-Reid