[games_access] influential women in games...the fallout

Tim Chase agdev at thechases.com
Fri Sep 22 10:29:43 EDT 2006

> Yeah...I had to share this with the list...so here's some fallout
> (and, yeah, I expected it) from Next Gen's list of influential women
> in games...I guess I got let off the hook pretty easily with only the
> "creepy pale skin" remark but wow...

This thread on RT was so...um...does English have an apropos
adjective?

A couple observations...

1)  you ended up in the top 5 "hottest influential women in
gaming". Congrats?  (two 8/10 and three 7/10 rankings, which
could net you a "tied for second", if you wanted the bragging rights)

2)  there's an odd level of irony, given your activism/interests
in "women in gaming" and "women gamers" that they would choose to
rank influential women in gaming on appearance.  My wild guess
would be that the author of the original post(s) wouldn't rank
all that high on a list of "hottest
posters-on-other-people's-forums". :)

3)  nobody ranked over 8/10, though some of their movie
selections did.  Sounds like they're better off in a dark room
with a TV & DVD player than they would be actually relating to women.

people are so weird.  and it's no wonder that so many women have
self-image problems, no thanks to folks like this.

Shalom,

-tim