[games_access] switch-accessible game of bridge - is there such a thing?

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Tue Apr 3 19:08:02 EDT 2007

I'm seeking help after receiving the following e-mail:

"I have a friend in the hospital with a cervical spinal injury. Her favorite hobby is card playing "Bridge" She can raise her shoulders, and move her elbows away from her body. She is breathing on her own but does get short of breath at times. She has no movement or abilities with her hands. I would love to set her up with the ability to play bridge again - this time it will have to be on a computer. What do you recommend?"

My main problem is - I'm totally unaware of any switch accessible card games beyond these:

http://www.novitatech.org.au/product.asp?p=247&id=1809&start=1&c=0 - quite expensive patience/solitaire
http://www.tacticalneuronics.com/content/FreeStuff.asp - free game of Crazy 8's

I realise that most Windows based card games can be played using advanced switch interface software - but I'm looking for a more immediate (and cheap) solution for them. Can anyone help, please?

Barrie
www.OneSwitch.org.uk
www.igda.org/accessibility