[games_access] Found data for numbers of disabled

Reid Kimball reid at rbkdesign.com
Sun Aug 19 22:17:49 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I found what I think is the latest data on number of disabled in the
US (2002). You can get the pdf here. It covers hearing, mobility,
sight and learning.

http://gamescc.rbkdesign.com/ftp/docs/Americans%20With%20Disabilities%202002%20census.pdf

In my research I found lots of websites that claim anywhere from 20 to
28 million people in the US have a hearing impairment, yet none them
gave good sources. The pdf I linked above sites 7.8 million as having
a hearing impairment. I'd certainly love to use 20+ million as a
figure if I could trust the sources.

-Reid